Thursday 11 June 2020

My Waka

This is my waka. We had to colour the waka in with water colours. We also had to use our polyline face. If we got to much water on the paper it would rip so we had to be careful.  I found it fun because it was my first time doing water colour at school. We could choose what colour we wanted. I chose red, green, blue, brown, black and skin colour. I had different shades of the colours. My favourite part was the waves and my shirt. The shirt had to be similar to the colour of our school shirts. I like colouring where there are big spaces because it is harder when the lines are close together. When we used the water it was best to use a small brush. You only need to colour the outline of the thing that you are colouring in because the water makes the colour spread. Have you ever done water colour? If you have what did you colour in.

2 comments:

  1. This looks great Renny. Looks like you had to take your time and concentrate to get the colours to stay within the lines. Mum oooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Renny,
    Wow, you have done an outstanding job creating this image of your waka!
    The colours you have used look fantastic, and all blend exceedingly well together to create a standout image!
    I noticed on your waka there are lots of different patterns/designs.
    Did you draw these on your waka yourself, or were they on the image before you began?
    I also noticed how you incorporated your polylined face onto this image. Did you print out your face and stick it on the paper?
    Watercolours can be very difficult to use, so it is great to see you having a go and even finding cool tips and tricks. Whenever I have used water colours in the past, I would lightly shade the entire area and then use the paintbrush to spread the colour around. Just colouring the outline is a fantastic idea, and one that I will be giving a go myself when I next use watercolours in a picture!
    I see that there is a speech bubble on your image. Are you going to write anything inside?
    If so, what will you be writing?
    You have done an excellent job on this post, and I look forward to seeing more of your work!
    Nga mihi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.