Thursday 1 July 2021

The Amazing Tree Art

Last week for art we made trees. We have been learning about Emily Carr. She is a Canadian artist. Her focus was trees and how they change over time. She was very talented and used lots of green and yellows. She paints trees and churches. Only a few of her pictures had people in them. She painted lots of paintings. They are all amazing. First I had to sponge the back round. I like the colours that I chose. Then I had to plan my tree on a scrap piece of paper. Then when I was happy with my plan I could paint. I really liked using the sponges. There were lots of colours to choose but I thought pink, purple and blue looked good. I also liked the yellow and orange. I am super happy with how my tree turned out.   Do you like her art? What is your favourite artist? What colours would you choose?
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Renny, Your painting looks great and I like the colours. I think I would try blue and orange.....??? That might look like a sunset.
    I don't know Emily Carr the artist. I don't have a favourite artist but your Aunty Claude's art is pretty cool and I like that. Do you like Claude's art?
    From Kelly (Mum)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.