Wednesday 22 April 2020

ANZAC Quiz

Here is another quiz, this one is all about ANZAC Day and World War 1. 

Question 1) What does ANZAC stand for?  

Question 2) What does is ANZAC day?  

Question 3) What country is Gallipoli in?  
a) Greece
b) Turkey 
c) New Zealand 
d) Australia

Questions 4) Approximately How many New Zealanders died in the Battle at Gallipoli?  
a) 27
b) 270
c) 2700
d) 27,000

Questions 5)  What does commemorate mean?  
a)  to laugh at someone 
b) to show respect for something or someone 
c) to get angry at something or someone 


Question 6)  Why do we wear poppies to commemorate ANZAC day?  
a) because they look pretty 
b) to forget about the war
c) to show respect to those who died at war 






Answers

Q1) Australia New Zealand Army Corp
Q2) 25th April
Q3) b) Turkey
Q4) c) 2700
Q5) b) to show respect for something or someone
Q6) c) to show respect to those who died at war

3 comments:

  1. Another great quiz Renny. I love these as it makes me have to think too, sometimes I don't know the answers and I have to go look the answers up. Here is my question for you. In what year did we start commemorating ANZAC Day?? This was on a quiz Belinda and Elizabeth had in their class.

    Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Renny!
    When I saw that you had a quiz, I had to do it! Guess what? I actually got them all right this time, so I am pleased! It's really important to know these facts about ANZAC day isn't it? Have you been to see the Returned Servicemen march to the Hokitika Clock on ANZAC day before?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackie I have not been to the march on ANZAC day.

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.