Friday 6 March 2020

Tessellation

This is my tessellation art. It is one shape that has been copied with no gaps in between.  I liked tracing the shapes. This is how you do tessellation.
   First you get a small piece of paper and cut shapes out. Then you move the shape to the opposite side  of the paper and cellotape it on. Then you get a big piece of paper and trace the small piece on the paper repeating the shape with no gaps in it until the paper is full.   Have you ever done tessellation?

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Renny,
    Well done on creating such an awesome piece of artwork! Tessellations are some of my favourite artworks to look at because I appreciate all of the time and energy which is put into creating such symmetry and repetition.
    I really like it when tessellation images have different designs on them or are different colours. I once saw a tessellation where each shape was coloured in a different pastel colour. The shapes were then outlined in black, and this resulted in a bold yet dainty design.
    I noticed how you hadn’t painted/coloured in your tessellation.
    Is there a reason for this?
    I really like the definition you gave for a tessellation. Describing it as ‘one shape which has been copied with no gaps in between’ was such an excellent way to describe the word, so ka pai on being so helpful to your viewers who might not have known what a tessellation was.
    If you could play around with tessellations again, what shapes and colours would you use?
    Would you try to incorporate any designs?
    It would be awesome if you could reply to this comment and let me know!
    Keep up the great work!
    Nga mihi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.