Monday 5 August 2019

Melted Wax Art


Our Clown Art

First we had to do a drawing of what our clowns would look like. I did a few drawings of my clown. Then we did the one that we would colour in. You could only do the clowns shoulders and head. The teacher and Jackie had to melt old crayons. We took turns at painting with the crayons. Once the crayons had melted we used  a paint brush to get the melted crayon. The melted crayon got put in to a  muffin tin. There were different colours to chose from. You could only do one strip with the paint brush before you had to put it in the tin again. You could only do one strip because if you did another strip it would come off. We had to do a border around the clown. My clown had a blue and green border. My clown had red hair.

If you did clown art what colour would you do for the head? I found doing the hat hard. It was fun doing the hair.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Renny. I love your clown. I also like how it has a blue T.Shirt that has a smiley face on it. Blue is my favourite colour. Was the old crayon paint thick? I imagine it would be thick and quite hard to paint with. Kelly (Mum)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi mum it is Renny from Kaniere school. It was not thick and not hard to paint with.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.